Welcome to the Megan Johns Photography blog. You've come to the right place if you're interested in learning to improve your family photography skills. Here I'll share tips and tricks on photography and family photojournalism. Please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email with any questions you need answered.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cubical Wall Art



Here's a little project that I did for Patrick for Father's day.  He doesn't have space on his desk at work to display many standing frames and I don't know of a good way to hang regular (heavy) frames on his fabric cube walls.  This was my compromise.  It was actually pretty simple!  For this set I used 8 pre-cut mats from Michaels.  Six of them have 3x5 openings and 2 have 5x7 openings.  All I did was tape the 4x6 and 5x7 Walgreens prints to the backs of the mats.  (I used painter's tape so we could easily change out the prints some day later.)  Then I glued a ribbon at the top, this is where a t-pin can connect the frames to the fabric cube wall.  Super easy and cheap ($24 total).

Here's a shot he sent me from his desk (I might have to go in to re-arrange and get a nice pic)!

1 comment:

  1. Clever idea Megan! I don't know if DIY magazine takes ideas like this but you should check into it (in your spare time, of course).

    ReplyDelete