Welcome to the Megan Johns Photography blog. You've come to the right place if you're interested in learning to improve your family photography skills. Here I'll share tips and tricks on photography and family photojournalism. Please feel free to leave a comment or send me an email with any questions you need answered.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Mom's DSLR Crash Course - Assignment #1 - Join Flickr


The "Mom's DSLR Crash Course" series of blog posts that you will see in the coming weeks, is actually for my mom, but hopefully it will benefit others as well.  She will be attending my sister's wedding in August with a DSLR camera in hand.  Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to use it - yet!  Hopefully we can (somewhat) fix that before August.

Assignment #1
Mom, your first assignment is to join flickr and post at least one new photo, anything will do.  Then let me know what your flickr name is.  By posting pics on there (instead of trying to email them to me) I can better help answers questions for you (regarding your future assignments).

By the way, here is a link for the manual to your camera 300D Manual.  I'll probably reference it in the future.

Good Luck Mom!  It's gonna be a fun summer!

4 comments:

  1. Having trouble just posting. This is my 3rd try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I was successful finally. I tried to select a gmail profile but that just kept looping. So for the 4th time I am responding to my beautiful daughters blog. For real.....
    OK, now, back from Texas, I am going to begin my assignment and join flickr. I am also going to search for a camera cord to upload a photo. My only fear, my dear sweet baby mama, is that I will not know enough to even ask a question. Perhaps you can also tell me the secret to posting a comment with a profile other than "annonymous"! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went back to this blog to find my second assignment.. Where did it go? Not to worry. We will be there on the 30th and I will be done with all my other classes. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. After almost a year of wanting a new camera I allowed myself to buy my 1st dslr. I had a love affair with my print slr, for years. And had set it aside as print photography support was dying. Now I need to learn to understand the differences. I am also hoping that I can use my old contax lenses with my new camera eventually.

    ReplyDelete